Monday, July 23, 2007

TMI

What is TMI?

Too much Information - oversharing.

That's very true. We are getting more and more comfortable in TMI. Put the blame on TV shows, especially the Taiwaneses'.

I got very uncomforatble, so uncomfortable that I need to siwtch channels quickly.

I guess I am having the same problem too.TMI. I do not know, I felt that I have to let people know.

I questioned myself several times and gave reasons for my TMI.

Positive excuses I gave:
1. I am straight forward, I have nothing to hide.
2. I should let the circle knew the problems we are facing.
3. I should not conceal matters i.e. I should not let the somebody out of the spheres. I am treating him as an insider.

Negative reasons that I could think of:
1. I am lack of confidence so I am seeking confirmation or justification (unlike being confidence in oneself as suggested by psychlogists in nature of people who overshare)
2. Trying to win people over to my sphere of influence.
3. seeking consenses.

Baba did say if you think what you tell is not going to benefit anybody, keep it to yourself.

I have to be more conscious, not to overshare.

1 comment:

Jules East said...

you are lucky in a sense that you don't have something that you "can't" share with others. :)